13.2 miles
That may be the longest any Brady has ever run, and may ever run. I've been training for quite some time with a friend from the ward, Chantille - she's the one that talked me into it and really kept me training hard. I have to say, this felt close to when I (finally) passed my intermediate test. I NEVER thought I'd ever be able to do anything like this, so to FINALLY cross the finish line was AWESOME! It started in Sundance (it was 28 degrees when we started) and ended at the Riverwoods - 13.2 miles. The first 10 miles really weren't too bad, the last 3 however, nearly killed me. I never stopped though - no breaks - no stretching - no potty stops - I just kept going, i had to otherwise I would have passed out! :) The highlight was seeing Mats, my kids and Pania and Fili at the finish line. Here are some highlights:
P.S. It's called the Halloween Half - you're supposed to dress up, that's not my normal running attire :)
I've NEVER EVER EVER been this sore in my whole life. Its day 3 and it still takes me at least 3 minutes to get up and down the stairs. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home