So....how was yours? Christmas that is
This year I had a little trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit because I wasn't going home so it just didn't ever FEEL like Christmas. We made the best of it though and for the most part turned out wonderful. Wednesday night we went to this "production" if you will, of Bethlehem. It was a little Utah for me but there weren't any testimony's given and no weird sayings on the wall like "Jesus said, I never said it would be easy I only said it would be worth it" and NO Costco cake was served :) It actually was pretty cool and we loved it so much we went back the next night and took friends with us. Anyway, this family puts together a "Bethlehem" where people are selling things, there was a Hebrew school you could go and learn to write numbers in Hebrew. They had soup and bread and lamb/chicken/beef cooking over a fire. There were geese and chickens and lambs and everyone was dressed up. There were Roman Guards and even a tax collector. They reenacted the Christmas story complete with an angel and everything! It was cool. Dad, I think you would have even liked it!
My visiting teacher gave Bree a cool "gum ball" machine toy thingy. And a remote control car! Santa didn't bring her anything...apparently she has been naughty this year :( We loved being together and not doing anything!! It was really relaxing actually-then I got a little stir crazy and cleaned the whole house, but that is besides the point.
I just really love her! She was super fun even though she didn't really get the Christmas thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home