Sunday, May 07, 2006

Religious Question....Not Just for our Patriarch...

Ok- I have a question that has stumped me for a while and just came up again as I was reading today. Doctrine and Covenants 29:12 - "...by the will of the Father, that mine apostles, the Twelve which were with in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming in a pillar of fire..." - ok so that means that Judas will be on the right hand of Christ in the end. BUT- he commited suicide... he couldn't have been forgiven because he killed himself before that could happen. Or could he? I guess I just don't understand how he will be on the right hand of Christ... any thoughts? Necu and I looked in the Miracle of Forgiveness and ruled out idea that Judas was a son of perdition. D&C 76:46 also confirms that. Therefore he can be forgiven, but on the other side? I didn't think that was possible... I am not talking about being forgiven for the betrayal but for comitting suicide. Maybe it's just one of those things we don't know, but I was just curious.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Big Kahuna said...

Ha, ha! Neener, neener! I know the answer, but since this question is not for our patriarch, I know nothing!

But, if I did know something about this topic, I'd say that you're on the right track by continuing to look in the D & C and in the book that was written to Theophilus by Luke.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie and Daniel said...

It says not JUST for our patriarch! That means you can answer... but can you read? That is the question?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Necu said...

Wait! I'm pretty sure that the reason we proved that he wasnt a son of perdition is the same reason he can be forgiven for commiting suicide. He didn't' have a full knowledge. The brotheren say that with suicide there is never a black and white judgement because sometimes they're not in their right mind (literally). Often times they're not responsible for their actions. I don't think Judas knew what he really was doing because he didn't even have a full knowledge of the atonement, the fall and basically the plan of salvation. I'm pretty sure that it comes down to us just not being the judge. Anyway, thats my theory - dad?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home