Thursday, April 03, 2008

Beef Heaven

Ok so Daniel and I tried a new dish tonight and it was AMAZING so I am going to post it so you all can try it. Honestly, this stuff is so good. Its supposed to be the equivalent to Mongolian Beef at PF Changs.

1 lb Flank Steak (I used cheaper top round steak and it worked fine)
1/4 c corn starch
Chop steak into thin slices and completely coat with corn starch;
let stand for 10 minutes
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Ginger (Mel and Afton I have extra ginger if you want it)
Heat all of these together and toast - BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN
1/2 c soy sauce
3/4 c brown sugar
Add to the garlic mixture and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes - BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN
Remove from heat

In 1/2 c (abt) oil cook the steak. When your finished dab steak with paper towel to remove oil.

Then you are supposed to wipe out the oil from the pan and add beef and sauce. But what I did was just used two different pans for the beef and sauce and I just added the beef to the sauce pan.... just made it easier...

So add the sauce and cooked beef and simmer for a few minutes

Add green onions to garnish (I put them in the sauce while it was simmering)


Top with a lot of rice. Daniel and I made rice for two people and we needed a lot more. The sauce is amazing, but it's better with rice.

Anway- that's it, it was delicious!!! SO SO good. Try it, I hope you like it.
By the way... this is gluten free, dairy free and wheat free:-) ENJOY!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Big Kahuna said...

Sounds yummy! Will you fix it for me?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Joseph Draschil said...

Melinda and I are totally going to have to try this!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sounds good. We're gonna try it.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home