Sunday, January 22, 2006

I Need To Lose Weight

The last few days I have not been feeling great. An occasional cough, etc. Not really too bad.

Well, on the way home on the airplane I had an open seat next to me in the exit row. Yes! The plane was just about to leave when this very, very large and short 25ish year old girl came down the aisle and told me (in a very, very loud voice) that I was sitting in her seat. Before I could respond, she announced, "That's OK, I'll just sit in your seat here in the middle."

She didn't fit in the seat (her hips prevented her from fitting because her rear only touched the sides of the seat), so she looked like an adult sitting in Annalise's car seat. She was a head taller than me when she was seated. Standing, she was about 5'2". And she spilled over into my personal space. I was more or less pinned against the side of the airplane with my face smashed against the window. She then tried to strike up a conversation while looking down at the books/magazines I was reading and made comments the entire time. I didn't say a word.

When the 30 minute flight finally ended and the plane landed, she immediately got on her cell phone and called all her 'friends' (I honestly don't think her phone even worked) and talked loud so everyone could hear. Finally, she stood up which allowed me to peel myself out of the seat. As I reached down to get my bag, I coughed and sniffled a couple of times. She looked at me and said, "Don't tell me you're sick! I can't believe I even sat by you! Now I"m going to get sick!" Now, the entire plane was looking at us. I wanted to say, but didn't (because of Joseph's example of not saying anything bad about anyone), "I'm sick. You're fat. I'll feel better in the morning You'll still be fat." But I just smiled and got off the plane. Oh the joys of travel!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie and Daniel said...

Dad- you got to be a little more open to your personal space. "There's a wall". I mean- you resemble a short fat mexican. A short fat woman is perfect. And let's not pretend that Joseph had anything to do with you not saying what you wanted to. You can hold your tongue all by yourself.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

lol thats funny! ha i thought mom was taller then 5'2"..........JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Necu said...

Dad, i think that was me! I mean, I have gained some weight and we all know about my volume level problem and I did infact take a short flight this week. weird...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

and she is always on the phone! Well I am glad that you didn't say anything because you can never under estimate the power of a fat mad woman!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home