Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm Not Getting Older, I'm Just Getting Better!!!!!!!!

Lately, I've had this fascination with numbers. Why do we have numbers? Where did they come from? Is there any value in having more than 7 numbers (that's how long the creation took)? Why is time divided by numbers? In fact, why should we even have division or multiplication or addition or subtraction? I guess it's part of mortality.

Here are the numbers I've been thinking about.

When Annalise is 20 . . .

Joseph will be 41, Mel will be 40, Stephanie 37, Afton 36, Brett 34, Mark 30, John 28 and Matthew 24. Mom and I will be hitting our peak earning potential. My prediction is that Joseph and Mel will have 5 kids by then. Steph will have 4. Afton 4. Brett 5. Mark 3. John 3. Matt-getting married soon. Joseph will have lost most of his hair and will be taking pictures at Matt's wedding. Melinda's oldest will just be starting High School. Steph's oldest will be in Middle school. Afton's too. Brett will have all boys with the oldest being mean and determined in 6th grade. Mark's and John's will be in elementary school. The three oldest girls will have added between 3 and 10 inches to their waistline. Brett will weigh almost 200 pounds and be balding. Mark will still weigh less than John but still have his hair. John will have his hair and weigh 10 pounds more than Mark. Matt will weigh 160 pounds and be five feet eleven inches tall.

Can you get the picture? Mom and I will still look younger than our age. We will both be healthy, wealthy and wise. Or should I say, healthier, wealthier and wiser?

So, before you cast the first stone. Look at the numbers.

Happy birthday to me! I'm so glad to be alive. I feel lucky to be your Dad.

Love,
Dad

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Let's go to Disney World again

4:24 AM  
Blogger Necu said...

I'm with you on that one mom!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home