Brady's are not made for water

So it's summer in Rexburg... the days are hot, the nights are cool. My bishop has a boat. There is a lake near by and it was his sons birthday on Saturday so I was invited to go boating with some people in our ward. Now all of you know that us Brady's were never brought up on water, but because of Steve I have been introduced... slowly. No big deal, I thought. I've done this before. I should have known disaster would strike when the person I was riding with got pulled over and I almost got a ticket for not having my seat belt buckled. Me of all people (long story)! The wind was out of control and the lake was crowded. My shirt blew into the lake and sank... When it was my turn to go out on the wakeboard I wasn't too excited. I am to the point where I can get up easily now (not an easy task). Well with the combination of wind + other boats = waves, large ones. I was ridin along, still an amiture at the sport and here comes this huge wave (or so I was told, I have no recollection of my last run) and I caught my edge. I fell face first into the water. It was more of a roll. My knees hit, then my stomach, then arms and then my rolled back and whipped forward. That = severe whiplash. While undergoing the sensation of drowning I quickly checked my teeth to make sure they were all still in place because it felt like they had been knocked out. When I resurfaced a similar examination was done on my nose, which I was positive was bleeding. The result: my neck can't support my head anymore. I have had a MASSIVE head ache for 2 days now. I can't drive because you have to look both ways and behind you. I can't look down at my desk to do homework (shucks) and I have only solidified the unspoken rule that Brady's are not made for water.

4 Comments:
Are you OK? Have you had anyone look at your neck? Some Brady's do well in water. I love you - be careful!!
I'm not going to lie, this made me laugh, not because you got hurt though. Sorry seekie!! Hopefully you'll feel better soon! Hehehe
Steph, that is a great story. I just read it to Mel and she laughed her head off.
That's the one good thing about painful or embarrassing things. No matter how bad they are, we take comfort in knowing we can post them and others will laugh at our misfortunes.
Heck, I'm impressed you had enough courage to get out of the boat! That's awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home