Sunday, November 19, 2006

Failing Tests Stops Here!

On Saturday I was priveledged to have a roaring fan club present at my Junior Field Moves test in Magna. I arrived with plenty of time to warm-up and I was pretty calm. The day before I had a VERY bad fall and was blessed with a scratched, bruised hip along with a black, baseball size bruise on my knee; but after a few IB Profen and a couple deep breaths I was ready for action. Before the test I was calm, cool and collected, thats right - there was NO freaking out here! Not from the mature, soon to be married, sophisticated skater. It was the first test in my life where I had only good nerves. I was shocked! Did you know that it's actually EASIER to perform when you let little mistakes go, keep things into perspective and chill out!?! Who knew!?!? :) So, I had a very successful warm-up and there was one girl before me; I'm not sure if she past, but she did have to re-skate her powerpulls (my worst move). So... a runthrough of the test went something like this...
1. Forward Progressive Powerpulls - one of my strongest moves.
2. Backward Progressive Powerpulls - again one of my strongest moves.
3. Outside Counters - ok. a little shaky but no major mistakes.
4. Inside Counters- pretty good. not stellar but not bad either
5. Backward Powerpulls w/ rockers - my weakest move but no major mistakes.
6. Chawktaws - CAN be awesome, but weren't. ok. no major mistakes.
So, I waited to see if I had to re-do any moves that were weak. (If you ask me I would have had me re-do 5 and 6) But I waited and I didn't have to re-do anything. I knew then that I had failed. I thought for sure that there was no way I had passed. But, I thought, at least I held it together mentally. I really was quite proud of myself for the way I had kept everything under control. I sadly told my devoted fan club that I had failed. I changed and called mom and dad to tell them the news. As I did, my coach came up to me and said that I had passed! I was SHOCKED! After looking at the papers, I was super happy. All 3 judges had passed me (i only needed 2) and one of them was .3 over passing! I passed with flying colors and room to spare. So it begins folks - the passing trend! Next stop - Olympics!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Big Kahuna said...

Congrats dude! No more freaking out!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Stephanie and Daniel said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH- that is SO awesome!! Hehehe, congradulations Necu. *sniff* 'shes all grown up. Goin off fightin wars' *sniff*

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have ur autograph?

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home