I'm a star in Utah!?!!

Failing tests over a dozen times, falling at nearly every competition, being the oldest skater in history at the intermediate level - and I'm a hero in Utah! I could get used to this . . . This, my family was the FRONT PAGE of the Utah Valley Life newspaper on Thursday. My body took up the ENTIRE page! So here's the story in a nut shell . . . I went skating one morning and there was a photographer there from the Deseret Newspaper. He was snapping shots left and right of ALL the skaters that were there that morning (a record breaking 5!!!). I just did my thing and was told that he was doing a piece on the 7 Peaks Ice Arena club members (which I'm not a part of until next week). Afterwards he asked us our names and that was the end. Several days, even weeks passed by and i hadn't heard anything. I assumed that the article was just a small column on the side of some random section and that he had obviously not used any of my pictures. WELL! i got a call from my boss on Thursday. She said, "Hey super star!! I hope you've seen the paper today! Because you're front and center!!!" I hadn't seen the paper yet and I still didn't understand the magnitude of "front and center". i showed up to teach skating that night and there was Vicki with about 50 newspapers in her hand handing them out to anyone that would take one. She handed one to me and i almost passed out! I was huge! All bad! My knees are bent! My arms are all wrong and I look like I'm in pain (mark)!!! Immediately there were like 5 kids that came up to me asking me to sign their papers. So my family! You see, my dream of becoming famous has somewhat come true! And I would be happy to sign anything for you for a small fee. :) Thank you! Thank you!

3 Comments:
Wow! I'm impressed! Make sure you keep a bunch of copies for us! Grandma and the rest of our family will want copies too.
And I thought you were only dating!
i wish i was famous!!AFTON THATS AWESOME!!!
I watched Ice Castles yesterday with Annalise. I cried thinking of you, Afton.
Post a Comment
<< Home