''We are not in Kansas anymore''
Alright, twas another eventful weekend family. Lets just get right down to it, shall we? Friday, we don´t have school so it was a `blah' day, until the end... So we get a news letter from the girl who is in charge of all the young single adults in all of Vienna. On this little flyer it invites us to FHE and so on, then mentions a dance that is on Friday. We were all stoked. A dance (BYUs form of entertainment) plus Austrians. What more could we ask for? I was alittle sick that day so I slept just so that I could have enough energy for this dance. We all got ready in our hottest American attire, (some more than others) and met so we could all go together. It takes 3 subways, a bus and walking for us to get there... 40 minutes later. There are only 4 wards in the entire city of Vienna. The city is about 2 million people. 4 wards- 2 million people. Do the math- no Mormons. So we get to this tiny building all pumped and ready to get our groove on. As we are overtaking this poor church I see something that made me laugh for quite some time. A little decon poked his head out of the gym. Yes, we were at a young women young mens dance. When we walked into the gym there was one couple dancing. It was hilarious! So what did we do? We totally broke out and danced like the crazy American Mormons we are. People looked at us pretty funny at first because they dance as pairs to every song. Fast, slow- you have a partner. So our American circle was new to them. We were jaming to `walkin on sunshine´, `summer of 69`, `grease' and several other oldies favorites. All of the music was in English as most of it is here anyway. Towards the end of the dance they asked in German and Enligsh because we made up over half the population there, to move to the back. We were then entertained with a little dance, made up and performed by about 6 Austrian young women. As we cheered and screamed for them the `DJ' said something in German none of us understood, but soon realized that she asked if we wanted them to do it again. Because seconds later they were up and doing the exact same number. Anyway- it was hilarious.
We are going to Salzburg on Wednesday until Saturday. Austrians don`t really care about the Sound of Music, but we are dang excited! I also got a phone. Everyone get SKYPE because then you can all call me and it is way cheap. It is free to download and you pay $10 for tons of minutes. I forgot my phone number, mostly because its like 15 digits. I will get it for you or mom has it. When you use SKYPE you can just say you are calling Austria and then just do the 9 digit # instead of the area codes. I will explain when I get the dang number. Just don´t call between 4pm and 12am your time. I will be sleeping. Other than that, feel free to call when ever your little hearts desire. Trust me, you wont be disapointed. I will try to get pictures, but its hard for some reason. For those that have it, I have pictures on facebook. I will update soon. Widersein

1 Comments:
steph you need to make your posts shorter. i get though like 4 sentences and then i am off in never never land thinking aobut chelsea and i skipping in a field of lillies. so it takes me all of class to read your posts. If you could break them down into like 2 sentences each it would be greatly appreciated (sp)!!! shoot i even lost track of what I was typing man this ADD is killer!
Post a Comment
<< Home