911 Cry For Help
I have had some time to reflect on how rewarding it's been to raise you kids. It's especially rewarding as we see you older kids get married, try to get married, talk about marriage, sort life out and finally ask for our advice and believe that maybe we know what we're talking about. We've laughed with you, cried with you, lost sleep over you, gone to the temple for you, prayed and fasted for you, counselled with you, listened to you and tried to teach you what's right.
And we recognize that we haven't been perfect parents, but we've done the best we can. Hopefully you will be better people than we are. All in all your mother and I will have had children in our home "raising" them for almost 40 years. WOW!
However, something happened this week that has me really, really scared. We desperately need your help. Puleeeeze pray for us! And yes, you may have guessed that it has to do with Annalise. Because we had her in our 'later' years, she has motivated me to try to remain young. I'm exercising, trying to watch my weight, trying not to lose my hair, etc. I don't want her to feel like she's the kid with the 'old parents' (even though we are old.)
But what happened the other day in the sanctity of our own home goes way beyond the age concern. Way beyond.
Here's what happened. As you probably know, Annalise almost always chooses her own clothes every day. As more mature parents, we're OK with that. If she puts on something horrible we aren't too worried about what others think. So, the other day she put on and "Afton-like" outfit and came to Mom and asked, "Does this make me look fat?" WHAT?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a four year old!
So, we are asking for help, advice, counsel from anyone. Where did we get her? What are we going to do with her? Where do we go from here? And most importantly, "WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?" Do you think one of you should raise her? We would consider adoption if the price were right. Please let us know your thoughts.
Love,
Your humble and concerned father.

2 Comments:
i would like everyone to know that i had NOTHING to do with the corruption of our sister......i tried to get her to like kinves and guns but others in the family insisted on other things. I am SO glad that i can rest well each and every night knowing that i had nothing to do with this!
I'll take her! That'd be sweet! The crazy thing is just a few weeks ago I was telling mom about the 4 year old I saw on Oprah who was worried about her weight and was conscience of others weight because her mom was obsessed with looking perfect. Now, I'm not suggesting that mom does this, because I don't think that she does - I'm pretty sure Anna learned it from a couple of different sources: her sisters, T.v., movies and everyday life. Now you just have to teach her to love herself. I'll still raise her!
Post a Comment
<< Home