I'M BBBAAACCCKKK!!!!

Ok so just to make you all jealous- Vienice is the prettiest city I have ever been to in my life. Everyone needs to watch "The Italian Job" again and know that I have actually walked where Mark Wahlburg walked. I saw the places on the film and it was amazing.
I won't do a day by day thing again. Just know I went to 2 art museums. That's right folks - 2! I dropped around $200- $150 of that in about 2 hours (Brett your gunna love me:-)). The buildings were tall and all made of stone. There were tiny, tiny steets and every once and a while you would walk over a huge puddle in the middle of the street. From the hose you say? Nay- twas from the ground.
Venice is built on millions and millions of trees shoved into the mud and after 5oo years it turned into stone. The city still shifts and wobbles. You can tell because the floors or sidewalks are all bumpy and lumpy.
We went on a Gondola ride- so relaxing and so worth $10 each. It costs around $40,000 for one Gondola boat because it has about 800 pieces. Crazy! We walked around the entire island and I loved every single minute of it. Except for the night I couldn't sleep.
The nights were not windy and it was just beautiful. My only beef... Italians are mean and there were tourists EVERYWHERE!!! That made things expensive- especially food. They charge you just to sit down. So... we ate at McDonals in Venice- it was the most wonderful thing in the world. For some reason Eurpoeans don't believe in Cow. Pig is their favorite and they think it can be substituted for cow... no no no- I would KILL for Red Robin right now. Mom- Dad, you might have to bring me a Banzi when you come.
I had the most amazing deserts as well. Elizabeth and I had Pear and Apple Sherbet... oh my gosh! It was to die for. And we found an ice cream place that has detoured me from American ice cream forever! We went back 3 times:-)
I know this all shocks you - but Venice was spent with the only 3 boys in the group:-) Two of them had been there several times, so I thought is wise to stick with the experienced ones... we walked over more bridges and on wobbly ground- I am still swaying.
My roomate and 2 other class mates missed the train back to Vienna... oops. Welp, what don't kill ya, makes a great story. They made it back safely, but are just a little tired.
Oh and we went to the beach and burried Daniel and Matthew (brothers and sons of the director) in the sand. We turned Daniel into a bunny. Oh so much fun. But then it turned into a European beach... mom and dad'll have to explain that to ya'll later, so we left.
Anyway- just know that I had the time of my life. I wish you were all there because you would have loved it!

1 Comments:
You know Steph, I'm not jealous type (except that you're thinner then me) but this tops it off!!! I WANT TO COME!!!! I think I'm most excited about the ice cream! :) (shocking, i know) Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home