A Beautiful Mind
All the hubub around Bretts NEW add medication that is SUPPOSED to do wonders and doesn't even have to be swallowed, I figured you all must be wondering how this medication is working out for me? Well I will put your minds to rest. However, I believe that to TRULY undertand the "merical patch" you need to take a glimpse into my head the pre-patch days
The parenthesis are what Brett is THINKING
The normal print is what Brett is DOING
And Numbers is the time ELAPSED
00:00
Brett wakes up to the wonderful sounds of Yanni and maybe a mixture of soothing sounds of nature. (Man I have to PEE) Then he hops down from his bed and takes two steps (What was I doing? Oh yea! Man I’m hungry!) Making his way to the fridge he gets out the milk (whoa man where’s the restroom?) Goes into the bathroom and as he is standing there (Oh yea THAT’S what I was going to do right after I got out of bed!)
00:23
Brett leaves the restroom after trying to spell his name in the foam of the toilet, looking in the mirror making faces trying to see how many he can make in ten seconds racing myself laughing trying to get one more each time (his record is 23), clipping his fingernails (he only got the right hand done), walking into his room four times standing in the middle (now what was I doing?) then returning to the bathroom sitting on the tub singing the swe-(Sheesh man I am HUNNNNGY!!)
00:30
A WONDERFUL rendition of “Oh Sherry” By Journey, drums, trumpet, opera, bass, and head banging choreography all included in-between bites of warm milk cereal. (hmmm…I haven’t finished Harry Potter yet…(long boarding is awesome when you…) Ron was just at the house where he and… ( wow that’s a really cool soda can I wonder what ingredients are…( WAIT! What was I going to do…..( how hard would it be to jump and touch the ceiling with my head?)
01:17
Finally retiring to his bed, pulling out Harry Potter turned to the 235 page rubbing his red forehead he began to read.
02:30
Making it ALL THE WAY to page 237 Brett had had enough “schooling” for the day. ( I haven’t written a blog in a while maybe I should contribute to the family… Sitting down he began. “All the hubub around Bretts NEW add medication…” (speaking of medication have I taken my meds today?) Lifting his sleeve and sure enough the hairless patch on Brett’s left arm was missing it’s new found friend “THE” patch. Busy looking at his reflection in the mirror trying desperately to make his arm look bigger… but to no avail he walks defeated to his room to apply his new found friend….
3 DAYS 4hrs 67minutes
Sitting through another endless sacrament meeting having counted ALL the hymns twice, after looking at all the books in the New Testament, after making a book flower (where you fold the pages…) and after playing Bejeweled 7 ½ times trying to beat Steph’s score with no success swearing under his breath occasionally. Brett looks up and to his horror the bishop has JUST sat down after giving the opening announcements. Eyeing a very cute girl (hmmm.. I wonder if she’s single and I bet…( UH OH THE BLOG! I FORGOT TO FINISH IT!....( man who smells? I bet its baldy over there who….( how about I draw a line down the middle of you head so it looks like a butt. What’s Swizz? No it’s SWISS you idiot..(anyway so the blog…)
After Church
Sitting at the table laptop, soda, sandwich, and of course THE patch. Brett sits down and finishes his blog….
So my friends I guess that “Patchie” works and here is how I know….( Oh I think there’s a game on!)….. Well there is always a higher dose…..

4 Comments:
Totally funny.
It was fascinating being inside an A.D.D. head.
Maybe I'll do a post about being inside the head of a non-Brady son/brother-in-law. Actually, it would mostly just pontificate about why Bradys like Ranch dressing and ketchup so much, and how come none of them like avocado.
I'll tell you one thing they do like now, though: Peach Cobbler (at the the Provo-half of the Bradys) MMM Hmmmmm!
Honestly the funniest thing I have EVER read. I laughed the entire time. I first paragraph was espceially entertaining as I tried not to pick at the numerous grammer errors. Spelling errors... ok, beacause lets be honest who doesn't have THAT problem:-) Good job Shmon. I should do 'A Day and Life of Someone Dating Daniel Jacobs':-)
You should have seen Brett draft this post. He was cracking himself up. He sat there for at least an hour or 2 (not supposed to be possible). I use the word "sat" very loosly - lets just say he was in the same chair the whole time - never in the same position for more that 10 seconds. Remember FHE"s? He'd end up totally upside down on the couch. (feet where head goes and head on the ground). Just in case you don't know what upside down is.
Hey! I love avacados.
Post a Comment
<< Home