Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Silence Is Over

Children, children!

Hear ye. Hear ye. My vacation is now passed! It appears that their indeed has been a famine throughout Brady land. Not a famine of food, but a famine of hearing your absolutely hilarious yet not silly, charismatic yet interesting, charming yet not manipulative, handsome yet humble, kind yet firm, wise yet practical, rich yet generouse (yaddah, yaddah, yaddah--this could go on and on) dad. Steph, this blog is going to be long so I can pay the debt owed

Plus, my new found love (stealing--gumball machines, etc.) has once again opened other doors to provide income so I can spoil my children with things like cruises, 4 wheelers, toy haulers, trucks with hopped up engines, new furniture for Mom AKA the Queen. What a rush! I now have a get-away car/truck and everything. John and Mark are great compadres. Soon, there will be a price on our heads and we'll have our pictures up in post offices around the country. "The Gum Ball Gang".

Speaking of spoiled. I looked into a potential Disney package for Thanksgiving. It carries a relatively small price tag of only about $22,000. Actually, it's probably about $25,000. (Brett pointed out that I only counted eleven of us--I forgot to add Matty. Sorry! It's just that since you've been married, Afton never calls me anymore. And who knows about Danny. He probably has an appointment with a nursing home to do a service project over Thanksgiving. Plus, he might be found mysteriously strangled by Stephanie before the big Turkey Day. And if she goes to prison, we might be back to eleven. Joey is used to us now so I assume he's going unless he can't take his iPhone.)

Brett and I are in Houston waiting for a client to show up. Mom called to tell us that Mark called home from school. He forgot his class schedule today (his first day of school). Mom asked him to get a pen and paper to write down his schedule. He didn't have any paper or a pen. He had to ask a friend. Who doesn't take paper and a pen on the first day of school?

OK. Back to Operation Surfing Turkey. I'll keep looking. Maybe we could go to Pueblo overnight instead. It's nice that time of year.

All my love,
Dad

PS I received an invitation to speak on a cruise ship to a bunch of dentists in October. We'd (mom and I) have to fly to Venice, see Greece, etc. Ugh! Sorry you all are in school and working. Should we go?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Well....I was watching the travel channel the other day and this is what they said. Carnival Cruise lines is the most "bang for your buck" and mostly for first time cruisers....now since the Brady's are professional cruisers then maybe that is not the best option. I would go for more of the Silver Seas Cruises.....$4,000 per person, all the wine you can drink, and the cabins are as big as me and Joseph's apartment :) What more could a girl want? Steph there are also many single cruises available for the romance potential. (Hey could be better then the Eiffel Tower story)
Anyway....I don't know what you are thinking. I am just excited about the POSSIBILITY of a cruise!
Here is when I have off Nov 21-23.

9:32 PM  
Blogger The Big Kahuna said...

Mimi- Three days off ain't gonna cut it. I feel a major hospital stay coming up for you that will cause you to miss several days during November. Start coughing now.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Joseph Draschil said...

It's true, no iPhone - no family.

Actually, the funny thing is that now I'm used to it. Now it's not, "Wow. This is the coolest thing ever. I can't believe it does this." For the most part I don't even notice it. It is more like, "Well, yah. Of course. That's what a phone should do. No big deal."

Now I'm just looking at how to get my next big rush. Maybe I'll steal a gum ball machine...

6:46 PM  
Blogger The Big Kahuna said...

Joseph,
You made me laugh out loud!!! For some reason I just can't see Joseph stealing a gumball machine and speeding down the street to get away from the mexican owner, with his two sons in the back. Actually I can't see anyone in their right mind doing that. Maybe Dad is losing his mind.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Why did my comment say that it was from Dad? I am on my computer and I opened it up new? Is it possessed?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Joseph Draschil said...

Charlotte,

You must have not logged out of Chris's account before you posted. The computer thought you were still the Big Kahuna.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home